Control Freaks


Cage Progress by conrads13

Sorry for the lack of updates,. progress has been slow on my end tho!

Cage is coming up on the home stretch,. should be pounding that out here pretty soon. Then i just need to finish the tubs, drop the engine in, re-finish the wiring,.and get it tuned pretty much! Cant wait to start this season out!

Here’s a shot of the rear box

…and a shot of the rear box

Here are a few better shots of the rest of the cage

Fella Hush!….lol

Work should be rolling out, so i’ll keep this updated with the play by play!

-Cory

Advertisements


Doing that Winter thang! by conrads13
December 1, 2011, 10:27 am
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: , , , ,

long time no update!

Had a blast this season on a stock ass SR20.  It meant more driving than last year at least,. so thats cool with me. Planning on even more this next season!

Spun the bearing in this SR20 about a year and half ago. Head was good, found a good block, so made the swap!

Fresh Apexi headgasket

…so lets throw the rest on!

BAMM!

SOO excited just to see it in this form again!….lol

Plan is to get rig it up to run on a pallet for the helluvit just to make sure all is bueno!

Keep ya posted!

-Conrad



1JZ Update by aled240
March 30, 2011, 10:25 am
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: ,

At it again with more progress on the engine swap. Spring Break 2011, YEAH!

Blah, blah, here are some photographs.

Painted the insides

In-Line Walbro 255, Properly wired

My converted wiring harness!

Fuel Lines on the Driver Side Rail/Clutch Line.

Gauge Setup, Gutted OEM Cluster

Getting there.

Spring Break is over and I didn’t get a tan x__x. Back to school for another 5 weeks. Driving back from school and stopping in Chicago to pick up all my new aero pieces xD. From then, it’s an all out work on the car and get this thing running.

So long for now,

-Aled-



Project FC REvival by reguru44
March 9, 2011, 4:15 am
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: , ,

i have been slowly bringing my old FC back to life.   I rescued it from a car crusher after the idiot friend i sold it too blew the engine and took out a title loan on it.  It sat for awhile at my parents while i got the FD lined out.

The rescue

This is what it looked like when i brought it up to St. Louis.

I cleaned it out and organized all the parts and spare parts that were there. Then compression tested the motor it wouldn’t register any compression on either rotor. So out it came.

The engine bay was a disaster area from the time it sat after it was blown up and from its time at my parents

Pulled apart the diff to weld it and found half a roll of saran wrap chewed up inside the diff. WTF?!?

Cleaned out the engine bay and removed everything that was unnecessary.

play nicely

Stripped all the body panels and began removing what was left of the interior and wiring.

Got to play with dry ice, hammers, and chisels.  It was fun but had to buy a ton of dry ice cause we lost some in transport and Matt and I kept making dry ice bombs. In the end all the sound deadening was out except that on the firewall.

Since i was cleaning up and rebuilding my FD calipers i did the FC’s at the same time.

Then came the agonizing task of removing the body glue for stitch welding. After a lot of grinding and several knotted wire wheels got all of the glue out and found that certain spots of the chassis come stitch welded from the factory.  While i was at it i removed the rear speaker enclosures since they won’t be needed anymore and will just be in the way of a cage.

Since my welds looked horrible…Now its off to Nocturnal Motorsports for Stitch welding, angle knuckles, and 2 small spots of rust repair.  Now that I am up to date I will keep updates coming as it comes back together.

-Nate



Project: One Mo Gen by conrads13
July 27, 2010, 2:04 pm
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: , ,

Back at getting ballz deep up in my car again. Lastnight me and a couple buds got alot of work done tho!

ALL wiring is removed from the new chassis, going to swap over my custom wiring.

About 75%-ish of the sound deadening was removed via air chizzle (shit does work!).

Today I’m going to find a way to get my old chassis up to the shop and swap subframes, then pick up my new KA I’ll be rockin thanks to Domi!

(posting from my phone, dnt judge me)

UPDATES:

Got the og duece up to the shop and got the subframes swapped over. A lift and air tools go along way! This was a 12hr project in my garage!…lol
Took about 2 hours lastnight.

Shits cruising, but still soooooooo much to do!